I decided to share with you all a couple things I enjoy doing for myself. These really aren't your typical "pampering" things. But rather small things that I enjoy, and relax me haha!
THINGS I DO FOR ME
1. I seriously LOVE Target and going there is always so much fun for me. I try and make sure I have enough time to browse and shop around without feeling rushed. I don't usually go looking for something specific, but rather just get whatever catches my eye! I almost always stop at Starbucks beforehand inside Target, and get my favorite drink, (Cool Lime Refresher) grab a cart and just wander around! I probably go through nearly every isle, trying on sweaters, looking at house decor, and OF COURSE stop by the baby section :) It's so relaxing for me to just shop around. Target isn't the only place I enjoy...I also enjoy doing the same at Marshalls, Ulta, Whole Foods, and any mall! Take time for you, leave the lists at home, and maybe even the kids :)
2. Getting my nails done is always so fun. I love going to the nail salon, and usually get Gel Polish done. It's not even necessarily my most favorite part at the salon, but rather the weeks after with my cute new nail color! I feel so much more put together throughout the week after I go, and like trying new colors and designs. Just like with Target, I like to make sure I have enough time at the salon so I don't feel like I'm on a time crunch...because that is NEVER relaxing.
3. Netflix binges! I am currently on season 6 of The Vampire Diaries, and I love watching 3 or more episodes in a row cuddled up in bed or the couch. This is especially my favorite on cold or rainy days. I make a fruit tray and just lounge!! This isn't something I get to do very often, and I used to feel guilty when I would because I usually have a lot of things to do at home. But, sometimes the dishes, laundry, and cooking CAN wait! You'll be happier after anyways too!
4. I love taking long showers, or warm baths! I go to Lush and buy a few of their bath bombs, and soak in the tub with them. I light candles, turn the lights off, and play music. it's so relaxing, and helps on my most stressful days and weeks. If I'm not in the bath, then I'm in a steaming hot shower! I will do the same thing by lighting a candle, and playing some music. Tell your husband/kids to leave you alone for 10-15 minutes and just RELAX!
5. Sometimes, I take myself to lunch or breakfast. Look up a cafe or restaurant you have never been to, or go to your favorite place. Order some yummy food, and eat in peace. I like eating outside if thats an option, and just hang out there eating and scrolling through my phone. Its nice to be alone sometimes, and of course like always not feel rushed by the clock. I also enjoy meeting friends for meals. It's so fun to catch up, and talk for hours and hours over a good meal. Every woman needs some alone time, and some time with their friends!
Now lets discuss this outfit. Its half maternity, and half not! These faux leather leggings are from ApeainthePod Maternity and I am literally obsessed. I wear them at least twice a week because they are so comfy and stylish, which is hard to find with maternity ANYTHING. This shirt dress is from Forever21, but is currently out of stock :( Cant wait to wear it after pregnancy as well! Also, these boots are AMAZING from Matt Bernson. I have been wanting Cheeta booties for a while, and I now have them!!! These will be my Fall favorites this season!
PHOTOS BY: @LCPHOTOGRAPHYUT